Home End User

Query wizard OnClose or OnCloseQuery. How to get to it in code?

Hi,

I've build an End-user solution wrapped around the designer component, DADE and RAP with some limitation for users. This tool is only used internally by our tech-support team so we can customize reports for our customers. One of my limitation was that I need to have control on what parameters are used for the reports build by our staff.

My issue is that when removing a search criteria with autosearch enabled using a parameter in the DADE interface the preview still displays the autosearch prompt dialog even if the criteria was completely deleted (not sure if this is a bug or maybe I'm not managing this correctly). I've implemented a routine to re-synchronize autosearch with criterias and it works except that I'm calling this when the user saves. Clearly not the right event. Need to cleanup autosearch before they preview. Ideally, it would be when the user closes the query wizard with and mrOk result. I have no idea what event to use or on what class should I assign my event method to.

Any ideas would be appreciated?

Marc

Comments

• Hi Marc,

There is not an easy way of accessing the events of the Query Wizard. Once the wizard is closed, a new dataview is created which is tied to a datapipeline. You might take a look at the DataPipeline events for the proper time to execute your code.
    My issue is that when removing a search criteria with autosearch enabled using a parameter in the DADE interface the preview still displays the autosearch prompt dialog even if the criteria was completely deleted
    How/when are you removing the DADE search criteria?

Removing the search criteria from DADE does not remove the corresponding report parameter. Try disabling or removing the report parameter as well.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nico,
    How/when are you removing the DADE search criteria?

Removing the search criteria from DADE does not remove the corresponding report parameter. Try
    disabling or removing the report parameter as well.
    My code only disables parameters that are no longer used in search criterias just before I save the report. It's when the user building/modifying the report decides to delete the criteria that contains a parameter and autosearch enabled without disabling the autosearch and previews it without saving the autosearch dialog still appears.

I've already looked at the datapipeline events and have not found anything that fires at the moment I need.

Thanks for the fast response,
    Marc