Home General

How to store printer settings for a specific report?

How to store the printer settings report wise'

Basically I would like to store the printer settings (custom settings, since each printer has an own preferences dialog) for a specific report.

Does Report Builder help me in any way or should I do this outside of Report Builder?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Francesco,

The PrinterSetup.DeviceSettings property can be used to save the printer specific settings.

From the RBuilder Help topic for PrinterSetup.DeviceSettings:

Use DeviceSettings to configure a Printer's proprietary features (print quality, color, stapler, etc.)

At design-time, use the Report Designer's Object Inspector to select the PrinterSetup.DeviceSettings property. Next, press the Edit... button to display the Printer's built-in properties dialog. Prior to closing the dialog press the OK button to save changes. This will cause the PrinterSetup.SaveDeviceSettings property to toggle to True.

At run-time, call the EditDeviceSettings method to display the Printer's built-in properties dialog.

The following methods can be used to save and load DeviceSettings: LoadDeviceSettingsFromFile, LoadDeviceSettingsFromStream, SaveDeviceSettingsToFile, SaveDeviceSettingsToStream.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com