Home General

ReportBuilder Problem installing 19.01 Server

I had an issue where Trend Antivirus stopped the installation of ReportBuilder 19.01 Server. It reported an "unauthorized File Encryption" - which is a high risk issue (I suppose the problem with ransomware). Has anyone else seen this and is there any resolution (or is there a legitimate problem with the install program)? Trend Officescan NG 12.0.4345 Service Pack 1.

Thanks,
Tim

Comments

• Hi Tim,

We have not heard of this before from any of our other customers. Did this occur with earlier versions of the ReportBuilder installer?

I can tell you as the developer of the installer for ReportBuilder, that there is no place where the installer is encrypting any files and there are no encrypted files included in the installation so I'm unsure what your scanner software is referring to. The installation executable itself is encrypted with password protection however.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Nico,
    I've never encountered this before, but Trend was definitely referring to the ReportBuilder installer. It is possible that it has become more sensitive to encryption because of the ransonmware threat - but this came near the very end of the install. I am not sure why it would be trying to encrypt anything at that point.

Thanks,
    Tim