Home General

Moving group of components in a Region

Hi,
I suspect there is not a way to do this, but if there is, it could save a lot of design time! ...

When altering design of components in a Region, I sometimes need to move and adjust as many as 50 components in that region (position, font, and so forth). When not in a Region, I save time by multi-selecting a group of components using the shift-left mouse Drag. But IN a region, that would just move the entire region, so I need to use Shift- left click separately on all 50 components.

I see this needs to be so, in order to be able to move, re-size the Region - but is there a time saving way to mark a group of components in a Region? Maybe even to mark ALL of them and then individually un-select certain ones?

Scott Stalheim

Comments

• Hi Scott,

Select Region. Now position mouse inside Region and press ctrl + shift and drag mouse to create a bounding rectangle that selects contained components. Release mouse button, Region will de-select and components will be selected.

or

Press left mouse and drag to create bounding rectangle that selects Region and contained components. Press shift + left mouse click to de-select the Region. (Shift click can be used to add/remove elements from a selection.)

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Great time saver, thanks!