Home General

Error reading ppBaseReport. PrinterSetup.PrinterName: Access violation

I am testing with an isapi application made in delphi (Rad Studio Tokyo) that loads a report * .rtm from file and generates it in PDF format. The problem is that when I try to generate the report, the application throws the following error (Error reading ppBaseReport. PrinterSetup.PrinterName: Access violation at address 6CC89143 in module 'winspool.drv'. Write of address 0859CC58). In the printername property of the TppReport component, the word 'Default' is indicated. It is likely that this error is related to the bugs that were fixed with the version for Rad Studio Rio ?.

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Hi Carlos,

The name ppBaseReport indicates you may be using form inheritance. Do not use form inheritance with RB.

Check the RB Help | About for the version. RB 19.03 is the latest.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nard, is correct I'am using form inhertiance. The application was compiled with Rad Studio Tokyo 10.2 Update 2 and Report Builder 19.02 Build 243. The solution to this problem is to compile with Report Builder 19.3?. Best, regards.
  • Hi Carlos,

Do not use form inheritance. Delphi form .dfm's contain the object definitions. This conflicts with report .rtm's which contain the report definition. (Its the same thing :smile: ).

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com