Export Text File is not working right when the first field is an email address

When exporting to a Text File, if the report has an email address as the first column, the email address is excluded from the text file. If I move the field so it is not the first field, it gets exported. I know this sounds weird, but I have spent a few hours trying to resolve my problem and that is what appears to be the issue. Can this be verified and fixed?

Comments

  • Note that the email address shows fine in the report preview. It is only in the export text file (or export xls data) that the field gets excluded. The pdf export works fine too.
  • Hi David,

    I created a simple test and the email address was exported as the first column.

    Try checking the File | PrintToFile Setup dialog. This dialog can be used to specify which elements should be exported and in what order. If no elements are selected, then by default the detail elements will be exported.

    If the issue persist, please create a simple example project I can build and run, send to support@. Use standard Delphi components and RB, use the rbDemos data, JITPipeline, or copy data to ClientDataSets. Send in zip format.

    Best regards,

    Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Thanks for that direction. I have it working right now.
Sign In or Register to comment.