Home General

Data being hidden when repeating preview/printing

Hello,

I got an annoying bug in some reports after upgrading from RBuilder 18 to 21 (even 21.02 build 286), both in Delphi Berlin 10.1 update 2 as Sydney 10.4.2.

The report is generated OK on preview first time; then I close the preview window and click OK again from the user filter form on my app. On Berlin, generates OK 2nd time, and on 3rd, some columns values disapear (?) but its sum printed on footer shows OK; on Sydney, this happens directly on 2nd time...

Are there any other warnings of this type of issue? This report is dynamically generated, it's not easy to debug what's going on - but it never did in older RB versions...

Any clue will be greatly appreciated... Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Tailor,

This is not a known issue with RB 21. As a first test, check for a threading issue by setting the PreviewFormSettings.UseBackgroundThread property to False and see if that helps.

If not, we are going to need a simple example to track down the problem. Please try to create a minimal version of your report/app and send it in .zip format to support@digital-metaphors.com and we'll work on a solution.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hello,

A colleague found the real reason - there was a defined region too far to the left outside the page boundaries. Now why it didn't generate crooked the first or second time, it's a mystery...

Adjusted for that, the report comes out correct on all iterations - it wasn't a bug in RBuilder.

Thanks,