RBuilder Stops IDE

edited October 2010 in General
i have Delphi 2009 and RBuilder 11.08 and am running on Windows 7 64 bit. i
have a project which is compiled so when i hit F9 it shouldn't be doing
much. if i open delphi, open a project and execute it immediately,
everything is fine. if i do the same thing but open the form with
reportbuilder on it and then, without doing anything else other than
opening the form, hit f9 and then close the main form immediately, i get
the following error:

---------------------------
Debugger Fault Notification
---------------------------
Project N:\dp9\sof\sof.exe faulted with message: 'access violation at
0x770cfca4: write of address 0x00090ff8'. Process Stopped. Use Step or Run
to continue.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

i think have to use Ctrl F2 but then delphi will not close and i have to
use the task manager. any ideas as to what i can do to fix this? thanks.

Comments

  • edited October 2010
    Hi John,

    This is not a known issue nor have we seen this behavior before on any of
    our machines. Are you able to recreate this with a minimal application
    (Form, Report, and button only)? Are there any other third party components
    or objects being created when you run your application? Have you applied
    all the D2009 updates?

    --
    Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com

    Best Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • edited October 2010
    On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:15:34 -0600, Nico Cizik (Digital Metaphors) wrote:


    sorry, turns out there was a problem in the datamodule (old application
    that still uses the bde because client doesn't want to change). anyway
    there was a database component that used an alias and a table that used the
    same alias and that table was active. therefore, any time i opened the
    datamodule, delphi was not happy. the report form had some datapipelines
    that accessed tables on the datamodule so, when i opened the report module
    it evidently triggered the problem on the datamodule.
This discussion has been closed.