Home General

Altered datas while browsing preview

Hi,

I do not understand why the data changes when I navigate on the second page and then go back to the first page. (Data on the first page are not the same anymore).

In addition, printing on paper is correct but the data is mixed in PDF export.

It is like if the index were changed.

Many ReportBuilder reports on our software, since a long time...
Is there a change between versions 15.1 and 18.1 (actually installed) that could occurs this problem ?

An advice ?

Thanks

Comments

• One option is to try setting Report.CachePages to True.
    Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi,

Setting Report.CachePages to True solved the problem of browsing pages in preview, datas are not mixed anymore in preview.

But PDF printing is still wrong ! Report Builder builtin function is used.

I noticed that if preview of each pages is made up to the end of document, the PDF is right.
    If the document is printed directly (whitout browsing), it is wrong.

There is no custom code processed or declared relative to paging event forward or backward.

I my case, only the first line of the first page is wrong.

Printing to a real printer (paper or external PDF Creator) is right, even without browsing preview.

CachePages , is efficient for direct printing or rendering preview. Not in file printing.

Debbuging show that datas are mixed (seeing the preview changing) at this step :
    File ppProd.pas
    {for modal dialog, must call PrintToDevice from the forms Activate event}
    FCancelDialog.ppOnShowModal := CancelDialogShowModalEvent;
    try
    FCancelDialog.ppShowModal; <--THIS LINE Whilst pages ares processed (once again ?) to the "file printer".

Provide a reduced exemple is difficult, as this report is a generic edition used in different context with params.
    Some clues :
    Report contains a group.
    Seems problems not occurs while grouping is not active.

What should I do ?

Thanks
  • Hi Nicolas,

This is not a known issue with RB 19.02 nor am I able to recreate this with a simple example. Please create a simple, minimal example that we can run here using only ReportBuilder and Delphi components and send it to support@digital-metaphors.com in .zip format and we will research this further.

If you need to included data for your example, the easiest way is to use a TClientDataset to add a subset of your data in memory.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com