Home General

NTDLL Again

Hi

I can find a lot of messages abot the error "Access violation at address xxx in module "ntdll.dll" ...
But no real solution, We have tried everything, being 100% sure we have the correct printerdrivers on our ASP environment.

Even tried

try
report.Print
except
if this error then
begin
sleep(1000)
report.Print
end;

But still we have this error coming up, mostly once a day, also very strange.

Is there nothing RB can do to handle this error , so we can just call Print, why is it showing up just once and not even every day when our customer calls a report to print?

I think we need a final solution for this otherwise we loose customers due to this problem.

Eric

Comments

• Hi Eric,

What version of Delphi and ReportBuilder are you using? (check the Designer Help | About)

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nard,

I'm a collegae of Eric. Let me add some more info.

Delphi version: 2007
    RB Version: 12.04 build 77.

Call stack for the error is always the same, just the address in ntdll.dll is different:
    [76FEE19B]{ntdll.dll } Unknown function at _strnicmp
    [02556DB4]{rbRTL1211.bpl} Ppprintr.TppCustomPrinter.GetPrinterIC
    [02555D00]{rbRTL1211.bpl} Ppprintr.TppCustomPrinter.GetDC
    [02556956]{rbRTL1211.bpl} Ppprintr.TppCustomPrinter.GetPixelsPerInch
    [0255399F]{rbRTL1211.bpl} Ppprintr.TppPrinterCanvas.UpdateDeviceContext

Christian
  • Hi

I heard that you recommend upgrading Delphi and RB. However thats not possible until March next year. And if we do, is the problem solved? I have een more errors on the same subject in versions after Delphi2007.

Eric
  • Hi Eric,

Digital Metaphors only has resources to provide tech support to active licensed customers.

With an active license you qualify to open a tech support case for issues with the latest release (currently RB 19.02. )

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com