Home General

Memory overwrite with RB19.04 and 20.00

Hi I recently upgraded to RB20.00 and found that FastMM reports memory usage/writing issues (primarily relating to . Upon further checking I discovered that although I previously had 19.04 installed I was probably compiling using 19.03 source. When I tried 19.04 it failed, when I switched to trying 19.04 it worked again.

I haven't been able to track cause of the problem down in source, just that it's usually after closing a window that the report is on and when you go to re-load/re-run the report.

Do you have sample Delphi report builder projects available for download anywhere? Is so I'd like to grab them and look into adding code to see if it can be reproduced in a simpler application.

Here's a screenshot of the FastMM error
https://ibb.co/5TKq4yr

Comments

• When I tried 19.04 it failed, when I switched to trying 19.04 it worked again.
    that line should have read
    When I tried 19.04 it failed, when I switched to trying 19.03 it worked again.
  • I've just re-installed 20.00 as part of installing/uninstalling versions and found the sample projects, I don't know why windows search didn't show them before - weird.