Home Devices

TppHTMLDevice generating email HTML

We have the html device generating HTML just fine, also no problem sending it. But on some clients the attachment displays behind the email body. It's as though the email body has a height of 0 and the client is positioning the attachment 'after' the body which ends up putting it behind the body text. Looking at the HTML generated it's all position absolute which may cause this problem.
Looking for documentation on TppHTMLDevice yields no results on the dev guide, chm, hlp and very limited info on the forums. I see there is a AllowEmail property but I have no idea what it does. Any help in pointing me toward some documentation or telling me how to stop the 0 height, or whatever issue it might be is much appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Hi Tom,

We have on our 'ToDo' list to implement an HtmlEmailDevice for a future version.

The RB HtmlDevice is optimized for the web browser - it uses positioning as you noted.

There is no email standard for Html, but in general email clients support simple html consisting of no csss, just table based positioning.

Report.EmailSettings.Enabled specifies whether the Preview toolbar includes an Email button. When Email button is pressed, the email client is displayed with an a report PDF file attached. See RBuilder help topic TppEmailSettings for more info. Attaching a report PDF is a good solution for emailing reports.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Thank you for the reply. Has the HtmlEmailDevice been implemented?

We are attaching a pdf report to the email, but we are using another report as the email body.

If the HtmlEmailDevice has not been implemented, as a short term fix do you think parsing the html removing the position:absolutes would resolve the problem?
  • Hi Tom,

This is still on the 'To Do' list.

I don't think removing the positioning will help - I'm guessing the results will be random.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com