Home General

Magnification, field positioning and background image in design mode

Hello,
I love the magnification feature of ReportBuilder but I think designer has slight problems with it. I have browsed older reports and I am unable to find any information about it. I find two problems with RB 19.03 (I don't have link to 19.04 btw). If in designer (TppReport and in design mode) I zoom in in the report, when I want to move some components, they tend to move a bit when they are just clicked. It is slightly annoying but okay, I can manage it.
The more problematic thing is when I have a report with some background image on "PageLayer". In this case it is really hard to work with the RB. If I zoom in from example 100% to 200%, the page is more or less grey as the background image (which is in WMF, exported from CorelDraw) zoomed in steps so the elements are blurred. This is how it looks when zoomed in to 400%:

Okay, then I switch tabs from Foreground to PageLayer1 and back, the designer is redrawed. I can continue. Now if I pick one TppDBText and move it, maybe a couple more, some interesting artefacts are beginning to remain. It looks like this:

This is under magnification 200%. Of course when I clicked on the component, it moved a pixel or two left and up. Since usually picked component is greyed as the background image it merges with greyed background image... It is a bit difficult working as I need to refresh the designer constantly.

I haven't installed RB 20.01 yet. I tried it but when I saw completely different print dialog I switched back due to the different print dialogue. Was this issue already addressed? If yes then I am sorry to report it...

Best regards,
Goran

P.S: I use RB 19.03 in Delphi 10.1 Berlin under Windows 10 Build 1909 in Hyper-V virtual machine
Goran Brumen
Audax d.o.o.

Comments

• Hi Goran,

Please download and install RB 20.01 Build 2 and perform the same test.

If you have issues with RB 20.01, please create a simple example project and send to support@ in zip format. The example can just be the report with the image. Also provide the image as a separate file. Include exact steps for me to perform during testing.

RB 20.01 introduces a new modern print dialog. Setting Report.UseLegacyPrinterDialog True via code, will use the old print dialog.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nard,
    thank You for Your response. I shall update it next week as soon as we release the version and I shall report back.

Best regards,
    Goran
    Goran Brumen
    Audax d.o.o.