Home General

Issue exporting to PDF with ReportBulder + Richview + High DPI + Windows Scale set to 150%

We use the TppRichview components in lots of our report/letters and have noticed an issue on machines with 4K displays and Windows Scale & Layout set to 150%, the Richview text/graphics are not scaling when exported to PDF. If Windows Scale is set back to 100% it exports fine. In either scale everything prints fine but in this new world of COVID-19 and working from home we are emailing everything and this issue is cause problems for some of our 'older' employees who can read a 4K screen at 100% :-o (myself included)

Any thoughts?
Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

Comments

• Hi Tom,

TRichView uses its own logic to export its controls to PDF via ReportBuilder.

I suggest contacting their support and providing them a simple example that they can test with. If this is a ReportBuilder issue, they will then contact us and we will work together to find a solution.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • I found it!

After some testing with a new project and it printing correctly, I started validating all of the properties of the TppRichView and TppReport objects with no luck. I started comparing the two Projects Options and found the problem. The existing project has been around for 15+ years and had no Manifest settings, changing them from 'Custom' to 'Auto Generate' and set DPI Awareness to 'Per Monitor v2' fixed the problem.

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.