Home End User

Incorrect SQL Server syntax generated with auto join table

Hi,
I am using Delphi 10.3 with Reportbuilder 19.02. When I attempt to select 2 tables with auto join defined as dajLeftOuter for the "EndUser Report". ReportBuilder generates this code and give me a syntax error.
FROM Employee Employee Dependent Dependent ON
(Dependent.EmployeeID = Employee.ID)
When it should generate this code instead
FROM Employee Employee LEFT OUTER JOIN Dependent Dependent ON
(Dependent.EmployeeID = Employee.ID)
What did I do wrong? I set the database type=dtMSSQLServer and SQLType=sqSQL2
Thank you!
Vinh,

Comments

• Hi Vimh,

In my testing with the latest version of ReportBuilder (22.01) and SQL Server, the Left Outer Join SQL syntax is correct. I tested with FireDAC and ADO connections.

I suggest downloading a trial of the latest version of RB and testing with that. If it does not solve the problem, please create a simple example we can run here and send it to support@ in .zip format.
    Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nico,
    What edition did you use? Does it have anything to do with the edition I have "Professional" instead of the "Enterprise" edition?
    Thanks!
    Vinh,
  • I just tested by removing auto join properties and allow manual join and ReportBuilder generate the correct code? So, this is definition a bug on 19.02.
    Do you have a fix for 19.02 or do I have to paid for the upgrade to get the latest version since I don't have an annual subscription. For now this is my work around but it would be nice to get the auto join working properly :(