Home General

Access Violation in RB 19.02

Hello, I am having sporadic AV's reported by users. After several hours I have managed to reproduce the error. It occurs in the actual print of the report. The report is complicated but basically it is trying to create a letter with graphics and text. It is outputted to a pdf. This works fine on most PC's but with a PC using windows 10 Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019.008.20074 installed and nothing else I get the error virtually every time. I tried to change many settings on the report component but it did not help. Then I changed the font encoding to feAnsi instead of feUnicode and the problem went away and has never been seen again. I would be happy to leave it like this but now users are complaining that bullets now show as small boxes instead of dots. Have there been any other reports of this problem? Is there anyway to get bullets to print as dots when using feAnsi font encoding?

Comments

• Hi Chris,

This is not a known issue with unicode encoding. For RichText, bullet points are resolved to Unicode characters so it is necessary to use Unicode encoding when exporting bullet point RichTexts to PDF.

Please provide a simple example in .zip format that demonstrated this issue and send it to support@digital-metaphors.com so I can take a closer look. It would also be helpful to include your call stack when the error occurs.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com