Home General

Error "Out of System resources" - help

hi.

In my applciation i use a TppDesigner to allow the users to create custom reports.

A specific user reports most of its reports started behaving bad after an upgrade from a major to a minor version of my application.

Nothing changed specifically to Report Builder in my application, i simply built the newer version with RB 19.04 instead than 19.03.

There are different problems with different reports, but the first impression is that somehow the reports are corrupted.

Anwyay the customer sent me a report (rtm file) that gives "out of system resources" error, Ican reproduce that error too. I tried to simplify the error (deleted all the events from "calc", deleted and all the dataviews, deleted all groups), anyway the error is still there, like if it is "built in" into the report.

I have no clue, i uploaded the report here: https://gofile.io/?c=Arz8Az

this is the end of call stack (i guess it is quite useless): https://snipboard.io/BGJodD.jpg

I hope you can give me some guidance, honestly it is the first time i face this problem: a minor update to my app (that as i told added no features/fixes about the Report Builder part) that creates such a mess in many reports.

I hope you can help me.

Please tell me if you need further info.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Francesco,

I'm able to open the example .rtm with no errors. I tested with Delphi 10.3.2 and RB 20.01.

I also opened the .rtm with notepad and observe it contains Icon.Data. You might try removing that property and test whether that helps resolve your issue. But again, I'm not encountering any issue.

For tech support where you want to include external files, we prefer developers use support@.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Thanks for the reply. I will explore the problem further, by the way your reply tells me that what i foudn is not a know problem.

For sure studying more will allow me to find a solution or a cause. I will defintely use support@ for a request where files are needed.

Thanks.