Home RAP

UpperCase/LowerCase problem

Hi,

Today I noticed that the Uppercase/Lowercase function do not work properly for "exotic" characters like č, š, ž. I was updating some reports (about 20) so the title of the report (confirmations, invoices and credit notes) is stored in a dedicated table as list of codes. On some of these reports these titles should be written capitalized, on others in lower characters and on some as in the tables. Since all the names are in the database fields I had to use Uppercase and Lowercase functions to display names in calc component. Text is properly stored on MS SQL server in a table with varchar fields with collation Slovenian_CI_AI. So if I write in TppCalc:
value := UpperCase(InvoiceMaster['InvoiceType']) + ' številka: '
I get on the paper for example: "RAčUN številka:", "STORNO RAčUN številka:" instead of "RAČUN številka:", "STORNO RAČUN številka:"
With for example "Bestätigung" the text is correctly printed as "BESTÄTIGUNG". In Delphi both functions work properly.
Appliction is based on dbXpress, software is running mostly on Windows 10 clients with regional settings set to Slovenian. MS SQL server collation is set to Slovenian_CI_AI. Do You have any ideas how to fix the problem? I use Delphi Berlin and RB 20.02.

Best regards,
Goran
Goran Brumen
Audax d.o.o.

Comments

• Hi Goran,

I researched this and created a patch for RB 20.02. I emailed it to you. RB Developers with an active license can email support@ and request the patch.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nard,

thank You very much for this patch. I have applied it and test it in the application and I can say it works!

Best regards,
    Goran
    Goran Brumen
    Audax d.o.o.