Delphi XE2 update for Advantage End User Database

edited May 2012 in End User

Regarding Demos > 4. EndUser Databases > Advantage > 1.Native

Is there an XE2 version of rbAds1416.dpk and daAds.pas?

When I try and install these I get errors because of 'forms.dcu file not
found' - I have added and as prefixes in the uses clause
but when I try and compile rdAds1415.bpl I get the following error.....

[DCC Fatal Error] daADS.pas(12): E2213 Bad packaged unit format:
rbRTL1415.dcp.ppComm - Expected version: 23.0, Windows Unicode(x86) Found
version: 22.0, Windows Unicode(x86)

Thanks in advance

Philip L Jackson


  • edited May 2012
    I have RB 14.05 installed for Delphi XE2 and it installs rbAds1416.dpk. Make
    sure you have RB14.05 for Delphi XE2 installed and that you are using the
    RBuilder\Delphi XE2\Demos.

    Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors

    Best regards,

    Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
  • edited August 2012

    I never managed to install 14.05 in XE2 and am now trying again on 14.06
    with exactly the same results

    From C:\Users\Public\Documents\RBuilder\Delphi XE2\Demos\4. EndUser
    Databases\Advantage\1. Native

    I am copying daADS.pas(date modified 09/08/2005), rbAds1416.dpk (modified
    20/05/2011) and rbAds1416.res (modified 20/05/2011) into the folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\RBuilder\Lib\Win32

    I open rbAds1416.dpk and in the Project Manager I select install and get
    exactly the same error as with 14.05

    "[DCC Fatal Error] daADS.pas(11): F1026 File not found: 'Forms.dcu'"

    The header from daADS.pas is as follows

    "unit daADS;


    uses Windows, Classes, SysUtils, Forms, ExtCtrls, DB,IniFiles,
    ppComm, ppClass, ppDBPipe, ppDB, ppClasUt, ppTypes,
    daDB, daQueryDataView, daDataView, daPreviewDataDlg,
    AdsData, AdsTable, AdsCNNCT, AdsSET, AdsFunc;


    I have followed exactly the same procedure with XE and 14.06 and this has
    installed without any problem.

    Any further advice?


    Philip L Jackson

  • edited August 2012
    Hi Philip,

    Since you are using Delphi XE2, this is likely a unit scoping issue.
    After opening the .dpk file, select the project options from the main
    Delphi menu and take a look at the "Unit Scope Names" section on the
    right. By default this entry should have the following...


    Try copy/pasting the above into the entry and see if that resolves the
    problem. If not, you may have a library path issue.

    Best Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
  • edited August 2012
    Hi thanks for the advice

    Now sorted, the entry under Unit Scope names was

    when I replaced it with the string you provided below everything compiled as


    Philip L Jackson

This discussion has been closed.