Home General

How show summary band ONLY

I am giving the user the option of seeing the Summary Band only, the Detail band, or both. This works, setting the band visibility before print or preview.
BUT the Summary only version always has a blank page 1st - even when I set detail band, and header band to not Visible. This is awkward as the user would need to go to the next page to see the summary. Work around by sending user to last page (nor sure how to do that)? Or a bit lame, but have a message like "this page blank, go to next page"?

Scott S.

Comments

• Hi Scott,

To get the effect you need, you will need to use section subreports and toggle their visibility rather than the detail and summary bands. ReportBuilder was not designed to show only the Summary band.

Start by creating a new empty report with only a detail band (remove the header and footer bands). Inside the detail band, add two section style subreports. The top one will act as your detail and the bottom one will be the summary. Toggle their visibility based on the user selection.

If you need other information above the detail, you may need to used 3 subreports. Do not place any report components in the main report.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Thanks Nico,
    Actually, I got it to work more simply, looking at how I did it in older version of Delphi and RB. Obviously need to make all bands not visible except summary, but then to also avoid an initial blank page, adding the "NewPage:= False". Not sure why, but it works! Hope that is a "safe" technique.

if not IndivDo then begin //IndivDo is checkbox in user input to do detail
    ppReport1.DetailBand.Visible:= False;
    ppReport1.TitleBand.Visible:= False;
    ppReport1.HeaderBand.Visible:= False;
    ppReport1.SummaryBand.Visible:= True;
    ppReport1.SummaryBand.NewPage:= False;
    end;

Scott