Home General

Designer editor issues (bugs)

Hi,
after upgrading to RB 21.03 I have noted a few minor issues (bugs) that would be nice if You can correct them.

The old story, after finally enabling zooming in the designer (also in design time in Delphi) is that when one clicks on some component (label, text...) and starts moving it left or right with keyboard (CTRL+left/right arrow), the component visually jumps a pixel or two down. This "feature" is visible only when zoom is not 100%, for example 110, 130%. Didn't check it with lower values.

New interesting bug. On the report one puts for example TppDBText. Then change alignment to center right via toolbar. Next click italic or bold. The component then jumps for it's width to the right. If clicking alternating bold-italic-underline, the component just walks to the right from the report... :)

A suggestion. Since the manual is so large and one does not looks in it, maybe it would be good to put an explanation (units of measure) in the labels if the value is in mm, inches, lines etc for "Bottom offset" (groups), "New page when less than" (groups) and probably somewhere else as well.
Goran Brumen
Audax d.o.o.

Comments

• Hi Goran,

1. Please specify exact steps to reproduce. Include Report.Units setting, wether you have snap-to-grid enabled (Designer View | Grid Options.. dialog), etc. And then detailed steps with the design layout workspace. In testing I have not been able to reproduce the issue.

2. This is a known issue. I emailed a patch.

3. In RB use Report.Units property to specify unit of measure. The component properties such as Left, Top, Width, Height as well as those you mention - all are in Report.Units. (Internally RB stores values as mmThousandths). You can change Report.Units and the Designer will display the correct values). The RB help for the property topics often mentions the values are Report.Units.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nard,
    first of all thank You for the patch, I'll update the installation.

About no. 2. All my reports are in mm. One variant to reproduce the issue or efect is for example this. I open one saved report report. Now change the zoom to 130%. Click on some component on the report, i.e TppLabel in group header. If You now press Ctrl+Left or Ctrl+Right (once), the TppLabel visualy moves a pixel down and in the direction of arrow. My guess is that this is an effect of recalculation of the position of the component and then rounding the new position. I shall email You two screenshots of a report since I don't like uploading such photos around the internet.

About the no. 3. Thank You for the explanation.

Best regards,
    Goran
    Goran Brumen
    Audax d.o.o.
  • Hi Goran,

RB 21.04 includes a solution for Designer Zoom, using ctrl+left/right arrow to move a component.

I was able to reproduce the issue using the .rtm and detailed info you emailed - thank you.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nard,
    I am glad You could reproduce the issue and I shall upgrade to RB 21.04 as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Goran
    Goran Brumen
    Audax d.o.o.