Home General

Installation problem with RB 21.04

I am installing RB 21.04 enterprise into Delphi 11 Version 28.0.42600.6491. The installation appears to go fine, but when I start Delphi, I get two procedure entry point errors. First one is:

First error:
----
The procedure entry point @System.Net@Urlclient@TAsyncReadStream@bcctr$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\rbcloudsc2128.bpl. When I look for this bpl, I find it in C:\Windows\SysWow64 and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\RBuilder\Bin64, but not in the System32 folder.
---

Second error:
----
The procedure entry point @System.Net@Urlclient@TAsyncReadStream@bcctr$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\RBuilder\Lib\Win32\dclRBE2128.bpl. I verified that this bpl does exist in that folder.
----

Obviously, the design time Report Builder components are not getting installed, so opening projects result in many errors. Please advise a path for getting the new update installed.

Comments

• Hi David,

Updating to Delphi 11.1 will resolve the issue. (Note: also called Delphi 11 Update 1)

RB 21.04 is built with Delphi 11.1. Based on reports from customers, it appears Emb broke compatibility. (The Delphi minor updates are supposed to be compatible.)

RB 21.03 still works with Delphi 11.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com