simple cover page subreport blocks printing

edited September 2015 in Subreports
I have a working report to which I have added a subreport which is to
be a cover page. The subreport is very simple, using only some
TppLabels a TppMemo, and a TWPToolsRichText. No data components.

When I run the report, I am loading content to these components from
data already unpacked into field variables. All of that works.

My problem is that when I call print on the main report, then I get the
file save dialog, and then a dialog which says "Accessing data", and it
never proceeds from there. I have been told by a colleague that there
is some sort of issue he remembers from years ago in connection with a
subreport which has no DB components.

It is rather mystifying. What am I missing? I am on RB 16.02, by the
way. Delphi XE7.

Thanks,

Bill Meyer

Comments

  • edited September 2015
    wmeyer wrote:


    Simplifying, I have removed from the subreport all components other
    than two lines. I have removed almost all code that affects the
    subreport. Apparently, putting a subreport into the TitleBand of my
    report and making the TitleBand visible is sufficient to trigger the
    problem.

    Thanks,

    Bill
  • edited September 2015
    Hi Bill,

    This is not a known issue however it sounds like you are experiencing an
    endless page report. Be sure the subreport's AutoStop property is set
    to True.

    Please create a simple example that demonstrates this behavior that I
    can run here and send it in .zip format to support@digital-metaphors.com
    and I'll take a look.

    Best Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • edited September 2015
    Nico Cizik (Digital Metaphors) wrote:


    Nico, I have worked around this by creating a small dataset for the
    subreport. Everything seems to be ok, except that when I look at the
    report, the cover page is not produced.

    As in all of our other reports, the subreport is placed in the
    TitleBand of the main report. I am setting the visibility of the
    TitleBand and the subreport in code. The subreport is on its own form
    unit, and is instantiated in my code. I then populate in code the
    one-record dataset which will fill the cover page.

    The report executes as expected, but no cover page is present.

    I know at some point I will trip over some single setting somewhere
    which I have missed, but am going crazy trying to figure out what it
    could be.

    Thanks,

    Bill
  • edited September 2015
    Nico Cizik (Digital Metaphors) wrote:


    A sample project is in your e-mail.

    Thanks,

    Bill
This discussion has been closed.