Home Datapipelines

SELECT TOP 0 better than SELECT WHERE 'C'<>'C'

we know that the report builder before executing the report executes a select * from table where 'c' <> 'c', it would be interesting to change this concept, and to use a select top 0, because this has a much greater performance. the command and run in a view

in views that contain many unions the use of 'c' <> 'c' and extremely detrimental to the performance of the report

I changed the sources of the report builder by adding the TOP 0 and removing where 'c' <> 'c', but it would be nice if this were native in future versions, see in the comparative images

Comments

• Hi Wilton,

Thanks for the feedback. Will research this for a future release. RB could perhaps conditionally use 'top 0' where supported. Limiting rows is not part of the SQL standard. There are database engines that use different syntax to limit rows and database engines that do not support limiting rows.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com

• in my case as I only use sql server, I made the adjustments in the rbuilder sources, and considerably improved the opening time of some complex reports
  • edited August 2018
    Hi Wilton,

Please do not post RB source code, I deleted your post.

Your request is on the ToDo list.

In the future please use support@ for private content.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com