Home End User

Blob conversion to string

I am new to Report Builder and I have basic knowledge of RAP.
At work I have to make changes to reports previously made by another programmer.

The report is generated by ReportBuilder Enterprise Edition v10.06, the data is stored in a Firebird 2.1 database.
In a SubReport there is a label (Label55) that I wanna show or not based on a data taken from the database (OFFERTE_T [‘NOTES’]).
The data type is BLOB SUB_TYPE 0: more specifically the reference value (seen with DBeaver) is

{\rtf1\ansi \deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss Tahoma;}}{\colortbl;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}\deftab1134\plain\f0\fs16 }

My idea is to convert the given blob into a string, then compare the string obtained with an IF and then display or not the label.
For example:

procedure Label55OnPrint;
begin
if OFFERTE_T ["NOTE"] = {\rtf1\ansi etc.
then Label55.visible: = false
else Label55.visible: = true;
end;

Which obviously doesn't work. How can I do?
Thank you

Comments

• Hi Massimo,

I believe this is only possible with the use of a Delphi routine. Are you using a registered version of ReportBuilder and Delphi or ReportBuilder built-in to another product?
    Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nico,

As I imagined: I'm using a built-in version of ReportBuilder in another product... Anyway
    I solved by changing approach.

Thanks,
    Massimo.
  • edited May 2019
    Hi Massimo,

I recommend contacting the publisher of the product for end-user tech support - it is their responsibility.

We only have resources to support Delphi developers with an active ReportBuilder license.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com