Home General

Some images get lost, when upgrading a Report from v12.04 to v19.03

Hi,
currently i'm working on two projects.
- Project one is written in Delphi 2007 using an old RB version: 12.04.
- Project two is written in Delphi XE7 using RB version: 19.03.

I create reports with RB 12.04 and the Reports contain 5 ppImages. Each holds a picture of different types: png, jpg, bmp, gif and tif. Then i want to use that report in my XE7 project. But after loading the report into the ppReport component, 3 of the 5 images get lost. The jpg, tif and png images are deleted. The other two (bmp and gif remain untouched).

Is there anything i can do to prevent pictures getting deleted when upgrading reports to a higher version?

Comments

• Hi Alex,

This is not a known issue with RB 19. Are the images saved with the report template or being loaded from a different location? If possible, please create a simple example that demonstrates this behavior and send it to support@digital-metaphors.com in .zip format and we'll take a look at it.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hey Nico,

thank you, for your quick response. The images are saved with the report template. I've just sent you an example project.
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for providing the example.

The D2007, RB 12.04 example contains references to 3rd party graphic/image components:

uses
    EnTifGr, PngImage1, EnJpgGr;

The XE7, RB 19.03 example does not contain these units. I can load the .rtm and then load the missing images from the image files you included. This uses the Delphi built-in graphic classes. Newer Delphi versions include graphic classes not present in older versions.

The Delphi TPicture.Graphic architecture is a plug-in architecture that accepts TGraphic descendants. RB leverages this architecture.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com