Home End User

Data Dictionary not used when the report designer is opened from the Delphi Form designer

I've created a data dictionary that I want for the end-users of our app but I want to author the reports by opening the report designer from the delphi form designer. If I open the report designer from the Delphi form designer, all I see are the raw database table names in the DADE query designer etc. I'm using persistent memory tables ( In my case UniDAC TVirtualTables ) for the Datadictionary pipelines with all of the mappings in the tables at design time and the tables are active at design time too. If I run the simple app I was trying to edit in the Form designer and open a Report Builder designer, the DataDictionary entries are all I get which is the behaviour I would expect. Is there any way to get the designer to honour the data dictionary at delphi design time, so any reports I create don't accidentally have tables I want to hide?

Thanks,

Greg

Comments

• Hi Greg,

At Delphi design-time, the DataDictionary is enabled by selecting the File | Data Settings... option while on the "Data" tab. Then check the "Data Dictionary" option near the bottom of the "Connection" tab of the Data Settings dialog.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • That does nothing, I still see all the tables etc