Home End User

RBFMXPhoneProj demo doesn't show PDf on Android

Hello

Recently I dowloaded latest version of RB Enterprise, I use Delphi 10.3.2, I can compiled REST demos in order to test it.

The RBFMXPhoneProj works excellent on any Windows Platform, but on Android can't preview the reports why????

Check image below

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Alejandro,

How are you running your android application? Is this on a separate device or inside an Android emulator? Are you sure the IP and port are open and available?
    Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hello Nico

I tested the Apk on my mobile phone a Samsung s10e.

Is there a way to intercept the pdf stream or result??? I did not know what component you are using to show reports, I can show the results on another component I bought several months ago named Pdfium.

Regards
  • Hi Alejandro,

Try setting the MobileExplorer.OpenReportInViewer to False and see if that lets you view the report. This will save the report to file and attempt to open it with your default PDF viewer installed on your phone. The MobileViewer uses a TWebBrowser to view the report but generally the built-in Android browser does not include native PDF support.
    Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • How about to intercept the pdf stream??? as I wrote you before I've another suite named PDFium it works like a charm.

I don't want to depend on your mobileviewer, also because my main goal is to restrict certain report to specific users, actually all the reports will be available to any mobile user and this doesn't want it.

Also I can't see any report with autosearch values why???

• Nico

You're lost completely

PDFium is another firemonkey suite in order to view PDF on my Mobile Apps, I used PDFium since January 2019 and it works like a charm.

So instead of using your mobile viewer I will want to manipulate all the preview results as the report folders and report list prior to get the PDF stream.

I will use another components to show my users the "folders" and what's inside them, I will use a Tile component from TMS Software but obviously I need your information regarding to the list of folders, list of reports, and the pdf stream itself.

Please help me with that in mind I will assure to buy the RB Enterprise version if cover my needs.

My main goal is to use your Report techonology in a Windows Application to elaborate Reports and then view it on iOS/Android devices.

Cheers