Home General

Missing properties in 21.0 for Web Gmail?

Apparently some good improvements have been made for report emailing in 21.0. But after installing 21.0 and loading my project, I am warned that continuing may lose components or properties. Indeed that is the case, and there is no longer a OAuth2 property or place to add the "client ID" or "client secret". And if I choose Web GMail for the EMail service and try to email a report via GMail, I get the error that I have not submitted a valid client ID.

I assume there is a way to do this, and better than in the past, but so far I can not find documentation about how to set it up - the help system seems to relate to the older methods. Is there some new documentation or examples?

Related: can I install the previous RB 20 and go backwards on RB version for now, so I can get the GMail emails at least the way they were, with OAuth2?

Scott S.

Comments

• Answering my own question here. Now I see the OAuth2 settings have moved now under Web Mail - GMail. And indeed the Help link has been re-worked. So it looks like it is fine to let the old component links break as you load a project, and then enter the needed info in the new places, and the new info in Help looks pretty clear.
    I need to test yet, but it does look good for now.

Scott S.