Home General

Unit daQueryDataView was compiled with a different version of ppDBPipe.TppDBPipeline

Hi,

I am facing an issue upgrading Delphi XE7 ReportBuilder Enterprise version 16.01 to trial Delphi XE7 ReportBuilder Enterprise 21.01.

I have
- uninstalled ReportBuilder version 16.01
(followed steps 1-3 in your article http://rbwiki.digital-metaphors.com/general/installation/cleaning-up-a-corrupt-install/)
- Note: I also have on my computer ReportBuilder Enterprise version 15.01 – it was used with previous version of Delphi. I have not used it for years. For the last several years I have been using only ReportBuilder 16.01
- installed ReportBuilder 21.01 to the same folder where ReportBuilder 16.01 used to be installed
- I had number of errors e.g. “can’t load package rbRTL1621.bpl…” I have resolved them by changing and reinstalling packages that were using report Builder (either developed by us or third party) because they used references to ReportBuilder 16.01

We have one small application that uses ReportBuilder – I have built and run it successfully. However another application that uses a lot of ReportBuilder functionality I cannot build.

The error message
F2051 Unit daQueryDataView was compiled with a different version of ppDBPipe.TppDBPipeline

Delphi cannot resolve units daQueryDataView and daADO. To the best of my knowledge we did not do any changes/customization in corresponding units.

What steps should I take to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Lisa

Comments

• Hi Lisa,

The error usually indicates that there is still an old .dcu being used when compiling your project. Try performing another search for all pp*.dcu, da*.dcu, and ra*.dcu files to be sure you do not have any old files in your library path. If you are building with packages, you will need to search for older .bpl and .dcp files as well.

If all else fails, you will need to follow the Corrupt Install Cleanup article again exactly (including removing RB 15 from your machine as well as all pp*, da*, and ra* files from your machine).

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • edited September 2021
    Hi Nico,

I went through all steps in Corrupt Install Cleanup again (including removing RB 15 from my machine as well as all pp*, da*, and ra* files).

I still have error
    Unit daQueryDataView was compiled with a different version of ppDBPipe.TppDBPipeline

However I have found that we have included file ppDBPipe.pas into our project. It is the same file as used to be in RBuilder\Source folder of Delphi XE7 ReportBuilder Enterprise version 16.01.
    I wanted to do the same and copy ppDBPipe.pas into our project from new ReportBuilder. But I cannot find ppDBPipe.pas in the RBuilder\Source folder of Delphi XE7 ReportBuilder Enterprise version 21.02.

Actually Source folder does not have many files. Is ppDBPipe.pas missing because it is a trial version?

Thanks,
    Lisa
  • Hi Lisa,

Most of the source is not included with the trial version of ReportBuilder, only compiled .dcu files. The RB 21 dcu files are not going to be compatible with RB 16 source (pas) files so that is likely where the error is coming from.

In order for the trial edition of ReportBuilder to run the application successfully, all pp*.pas, and pp*.dcu files from the library path, including the files used by the project, will need to be removed.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com