Home General

Issues with printing a cover page with group reports starting on odd pages

I'm trying to create a report which has a cover page (TitleBand.NewPage) and group reports starting on odd pages (TppGroup.StartOnOddPage). I'm dealing with 2 problems I can't solve:

1. If the first group is printed, the StartOnOddPage property is not respected and the FIRST group prints on page 2 instead of page 3. Subsequent groups are printing on odd pages as expected. Each group can span 1 to multiple pages.
2. The FIRST group is missing the footer (FooterBand) entirely, regardless of how many pages are printed. The footer starts to print again when the second group starts to print.

If I remove the cover page, the footer prints normally across the entire report. I think this is linked with the FooterBand.PrintOnFirstPage property, if I set this to true, the footer is printed everywhere, including the cover page, which I don't want.

If I disable the StartOnOddPage property, the report including the footer prints normally, but now the wanted blank pages are missing, which are required for printing purposes. We only export PDFs in our company and print them later as needed.

Does anyone know a solution or workaround to this exact issue? Right now, the exported PDFs don't have a cover page, and we would need to do post-processing using external software. It would be nice to solve this issue right within ReportBuilder itself.

ReportBuilder Standard 22.02 Build 189
Delphi 10.4 / Windows 10

Comments

• There is a patch available for RB 22.02 that solves this issue. Registered customers with a current software subscription can email support@ to receive this patch.
    Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Thank you very much. I sent an email requesting this patch.
  • Hi Yuki,

I emailed the patch.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com