PDF Report shows wrong fonts

edited June 2011 in Devices
After a while I had to rebuild an application that's producing some PDF
Reports. The changes I've made have nothing to do with the report
itself, but now the generated PDF has mapped all fonts used (times new
roman and arial) to tahoma. The PDF-Settings of the report all default
and unchanged. No idea where to look...
Any suggstions?

Comments

  • edited June 2011
    Hi Peter,

    This is not a known issue. Which version of ReportBuilder and Delphi
    are you using? Are you viewing the PDF using Adobe Reader?


    Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com

    Best Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • edited June 2011
    For this project I'm using D7 with RB11.04 I've tried AcrobadReader X
    and FoxIt-Reader as viwer. Both show that only Tahoma is used in the
    PDF, while the report is using Times new Roman and Arial....



  • edited June 2011
    Hi Peter,

    I first suggest upgrading your version of ReportBuilder to 11.08 and
    testing with that. This is a free upgrade to all registered RB 11
    users. Contact info@digital-metaphors.com with your serial number and
    purchasing email address for upgrade instructions.


    Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com

    Best Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • edited June 2011
    Txs Nico,
    I'll do that but i doubt that it will help. As said, the reports worked
    fine with RB11.04 before.
    What makes me wonder is, that the problem seems to have nothing to do
    with the runtime environment (tested on 3 different machines), but must
    have something to do with the compile time one. So I think the question
    is: What may cause font mapping like that at compile time?

  • edited June 2011
    Upgrading to 11.08 was a bad idea - Now D7 is missing dclRBC117.BPL :(

  • edited June 2011
    The dclRBC package is built on the fly when you install ReportBuilder.
    This fact that it is not present means that the RBTeePackageBuilder
    failed when installing. See the following article on how to manually
    build and install TeeChart support.

    http://www.digital-metaphors.com/rbWiki/General/Installation/Tech_Tip:_Installing_RB_TeeChart_Supports


    Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com

    Best Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • edited June 2011
    Building TeeChart support seems to fail:

    rbTC117.dpk(31) Fatal: Package 'Tee87' wird benötigt, konnte aber nicht
    gefunden werden

    But I don't have the time to dig into TeeChart integration now. I've to
    solve the PDF-Problem. As expected the behaviour of 11.08 is the same
    as before: Still all fonts are mapped to tahoma :(



  • edited June 2011
    Please send a simple example demonstrating the issue in .zip format to
    support@digital-metaphors.com and I'll take a look at it for you.


    Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com

    Best Regards,

    Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • edited June 2011
    Hello Nico,
    I've got it: It was the translation tool (not RB translation...) that
    was suddenly reseting all fonts in all language to tahoma.
    Txs for your help!
    Best regards,
    Peter

This discussion has been closed.