Home General

No 21.04 packages are being loaded because ppTBXStatusBars is contained in rbRTL2027

I just installed 21.04 in a Delphi 10.4 installation. None of the packages are being loaded because Delphi is complaining that ppTBXStatusBars is contained in rbRTL2027. As far as I can tell, there are no *2027 files anywhere on the machine! Is this an errant registry entry that's hanging around? How do I get rid of the reference to rbRTL2027 when I can't even find it?

Comments

• Hi Frank,

There is likely a different package that still references the RB 20 package installed in your IDE. Try the following steps.

1. Uninstall RB 21 completely from your machine.

2. Open Delphi and take a look at the installed components list. Be sure all packages related to RB (especially DB connection and RTF components) are removed. Look for anything that seems out of the ordinary (packages with a full path name etc.) and remove them as well.

3. Re-install RB.
    Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • I'll give this a shot. I more-or-less did what you suggested, but I'll be a bit more thorough. I do have DBISAM installed, so there's the DBISAM -> RB unit. But I think I had already removed that one, too. I'll keep you posted.
  • FYI, I think I found the culprit. I have 'TExtraDevices' installed. Replacing the rbRTL2027 reference with the current version resolved it. However, if I recall, the ExtraDevices was being used to generate PDF files. ReportBuilder does that natively now, no? I can toss the TExtraDevices unit.
  • Hi Frank,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, ReportBuilder has included native PDF export since RB 9 (about 18 years :smile: ). Since then, it has evolved into an enterprise quality PDF creation utility with advanced features such as form field creation, vector graphics support, Unicode, 256 AES encryption, and many others. TExtraDevices is no longer maintained or supported so there is no reason to use it any longer.

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com