Home RAP

Store RAP code in old format?

edited October 2023 in RAP
We have an application in an "old version" (compiled with Delphi2009) and a "new version" (compiled with Delphi XE11.3). Both use ReportBuilder, the "old one" version 15.05, the "new one" uses the most recent ReportBuilder version. For certain reasons we must support both application versions parallelly for some time (up to 2 years), after that the old version will not be supported any longer. Both versions use the same data pipelines, so reports created with the old version can be used without modifications by the new version. But reports created with the new version (if they contain RAP code) cannot be used by the old version, as the RAP code now is stored in plain text.

Which leads to my question: Is it possible to store reports which are created/modified with the new version (and contain RAP code) in the "old manner"?

Comments

• Hi Jurgen,

There is a public class method TraCodeModule.SetLegacyStorage. Call at app startup.

uses
    raCodMod;

TraCodeModule.SetLegacyStorage(True);

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Thank you very much!
  • Nard- how could this be used inside of RAP so that when editing a form with new version, that it writes the legacy format instead? I support users of old and new versions of the product.

thank you!
  • Hi Mike,

The solution above, called at app startup will result in RB saving reports in the old format. RB will still be able to read reports in both old and new formats.

RAP is run-time code - executes when the report is generating. Not applicable to saving reports.

I'm not clear on your question.

Best regards,

Nard Moseley
    Digital Metaphors
    www.digital-metaphors.com